Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#244163 - 03/03/12 02:33 PM LCN Masters Of Dark Arts - June 26
achurch87 Offline
Official Scumbag Sir Captain

Late last year, news broke that La Coka Nostra was preparing their sophomore release Masters of Dark Arts for a 2012 release. Now, the super-group has announced an official date for their project's release.

According to a recent press release, Masters of Dark Arts will drop on June 26 via Fat Beats with Ill Bill and DJ Lethal handling production. Ill Bill spoke on the new album's sound and how it differs from their 2009 debut A Brand You Can Trust.

"The new album is a little different from A Brand You Can Trust. I think the production is less polished this time, more raw," he explained. "It has an unfriendly vibe to it. We went with darker, grimier beats on this one and that influenced the direction of the lyrics and songs overall."

The album's release also comes with the unfortunate news that member Everlast has departed from the group. In a statement, Everlast explained that he unable to fully commit his time to La Coka Nostra because his daughter's struggle with Cystic Fibrosis.

"Due to my commitments with my own label and record and the fact that my daughter has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis it has become very difficult to be involved in any other projects," he explained. "Therefore it is my conclusion after long deliberation and discussion with the guys in the group that waiting until I personally am ready and able to fully dedicate myself to the group isn't fair to the group so I unfortunately will not be involved in LCN until a time when I can dedicate myself properly to it."

DX will keep you updated as more information on the project comes to light.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.18...june-26-release

Pretty lame that Everlast isn't in the group anymore

#244240 - 03/03/12 06:27 PM Re: LCN Masters Of Dark Arts - June 26 [Re: achurch87]
N.U.T.T.K.A.S.E. Offline
a bag of shit

lcn without the everlast - not lcn

#244241 - 03/03/12 06:59 PM Re: LCN Masters Of Dark Arts - June 26 [Re: N.U.T.T.K.A.S.E.]
DIE Online   content
Official Scumbag

Loc: New York City
I'm not even the biggest everlast fan but that's disappointing. Now it's just Bill and slaine. That's cool tho. cause most likely Bill is gonna take full control of this album and I think it's gonna be really good.

Edited by DIE (03/03/12 06:59 PM)
I KNOW, I'M A SICK FUCK, BUT I REALLY WANTED TO SLAP MY DICK IN HER MOUTH, HAHA

#244242 - 03/03/12 07:21 PM Re: LCN Masters Of Dark Arts - June 26 [Re: DIE]
Dan Conner Offline
a bag of shit

Damn, Everlast departing sucks.

I totally understand the reasoning though.

Family comes first.

Slaine & Bill can more than carry an album, but if they got a replacement either Sick Jacken or B-Real would be good fits.

Or even Q-Unique.

Hopefully they got a couple of hooks and/or verses from Whitey before he decided to move on.

#244243 - 03/03/12 07:39 PM Re: LCN Masters Of Dark Arts - June 26 [Re: Dan Conner]
DIE Online   content
Official Scumbag

Loc: New York City
Sick jacken B real or Q unique would be dope.
I KNOW, I'M A SICK FUCK, BUT I REALLY WANTED TO SLAP MY DICK IN HER MOUTH, HAHA

#244244 - 03/03/12 08:07 PM Re: LCN Masters Of Dark Arts - June 26 [Re: DIE]
achurch87 Offline
Official Scumbag Sir Captain

yeah i'm hoping that they got some stuff from him too...something on facebook said Bill and Lethal would be handling production and that they'd be doing stuff with the extended family so it's hard to say who all will be on there...Bill said in an interview that Thirstin Howl III is confirmed as a guest..I'm sure B-Real, Jacken and Paz are going to be on there too

#244245 - 03/03/12 09:39 PM Re: LCN Masters Of Dark Arts - June 26 [Re: achurch87]
KabawL Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: HD of CA
I'd like to see Madchild join LCN. He's on top of his game right now.

#244246 - 03/03/12 09:40 PM Re: LCN Masters Of Dark Arts - June 26 [Re: KabawL]
Down with NECRO Online   content
Commander & Beesh 1st Platoon

Loc: New York
Madchild is killing it right now. Dude is incredible.

#244250 - 03/03/12 11:26 PM Re: LCN Masters Of Dark Arts - June 26 [Re: Down with NECRO]
Dan Conner Offline
a bag of shit

Madchild is an interesting choice.

And a Thristin Howl III feature on MotDA?

Fucking awesome.

#244271 - 03/04/12 04:38 AM Re: LCN Masters Of Dark Arts - June 26 [Re: achurch87]
shadow Offline
a bag of shit

mad respect to everlast for talking care of his kid like a man. new album will be just as good with bill and slaine and whoever else is on it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist