Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#247337 - 03/16/12 08:14 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: BLaM]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
It doesn't translate to the music. These dude's are mixtape rappers, drop a good album and i'll recognize it. I don't know if it's me or hip-hop but every year I feel like less dope albums come out. EL-P's lyrics are on another plain of existence compared to these party rappers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKCX-Hd1Vxo

#247340 - 03/16/12 08:22 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Jack Lantern Offline
Military Basterd Whore Murderer 2nd Command

Originally Posted By: LucifrinImperium
EL-P's lyrics are on another plain of existence compared to these party rappers.

i can agree completely with that. but el-p also has some terrible, terrible songs. and he tends to drag verses on for 4 minutes+, which makes good songs boring sometimes (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbo3vu1s4lA). plus hes like 40. he better be better than these kids.

in all seriousnedd luci, what do you have on rotation right now? im wondering what you can be listening to, you hate everything, haha. if its all metal, nevermind.

#247342 - 03/16/12 08:26 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: LucifrinImperium]
BLaM Offline

Loc: TECH N9NE COUNTRY
right , L, ELP is the best.
danny brown / rittz i really dont consider mixtape rappers. i dnt even consider das racist mixtape rappers, they have good followings and tons of people go to their shows, and show support.
despot is a "mixtape rapper" even tho hes really not.
i consider mixtape rappers the random idiots on the street that tryn sell me a cd in paper for $5 then im like, are u kidding? this is ur album? u just handed it to me all shity lookn like this? then 9/10 times , they are like here, u can just have it, then i get in the whip, fling the bullshit CD out my window when im drunk driving.

basically every year , people realize how bullshit the whole "hip hop" industry is. necro says it all the time yo. thats why necro claims death rap, which he invented. to me, that lil dude mack miller is "hip hop" even tho he aint but he is. hes some lil dude that has a huge indep team of people working for him to get him out there. their product is "golden age sounding hip hop" and they get all the people that like that shit to buy it. ud be suprized at who likes that shit. not me tho

#247344 - 03/16/12 08:28 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
BLaM Offline

Originally Posted By: Jack Lantern

in all seriousnedd luci, what do you have on rotation right now? im wondering what you can be listening to, you hate everything, haha. if its all metal, nevermind.
yeah man, u been listening to lots of metal , which rules, and its not a bad thing because i love a lot of the metal u poast, but what new shit u listening to? heres an old track that i just played on youtube: http://youtu.be/CRA3VgO3Vz0

#247345 - 03/16/12 08:30 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
BLaM Offline

jack, lol thats song is legendary. thats one of the best. but yeah , lots of older hip hop went on too long. i knew that back then. theres not many elp songs i dont like, i cant even think of one.

lol jack, i just realized , that elp song u poasted is pretty much about the same shit were talking about, el-p got hated on back in the day for being real , he was on BET. he has been advancing and innovating,

but also on the dj burnone tip, if yall can find this Dj burnone instrumental mixtape then DL it and peep it.

Edited by BLaM (03/16/12 08:32 PM)

#247347 - 03/16/12 08:37 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: BLaM]
Jack Lantern Offline

some of the "biggest" underground rappers are famous because of the 'characters' they portray in their music, i can see why everyone tries to grab a gimmick real quick. people are looking for different..

you got icp - clowns, mf doom - super villain, cage - mentally insane drug addict, wu tang - ninjas, martial artists, etc, etc, etc. and people copy it. everythings been done, new rappers have to create an original gimmick or copy someone else at this point. thats why i consider the death grips album was the best album of 2011. i dont expect anyone else to agree with that, it isnt for everyone. definitely something different though.

im just sick of seeing good, established emcees jumping on the gimmick band wagon..

#247348 - 03/16/12 08:41 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
Originally Posted By: Jack Lantern
Originally Posted By: LucifrinImperium
EL-P's lyrics are on another plain of existence compared to these party rappers.

i can agree completely with that. but el-p also has some terrible, terrible songs. and he tends to drag verses on for 4 minutes+, which makes good songs boring sometimes (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbo3vu1s4lA). plus hes like 40. he better be better than these kids.

That track is a fucking banger, beat is really dope and so are the lyrics. I think it's basically a Esoteric diss. Btw sound quality is horrendous in that youtube version. El-P's verse is fitting for this thread.

I cycle my itunes when I listen to music by last played, I listen to a lot of metal, but I own more hip-hop albums. Lately, been listening to more metal than hip-hop. Last hip-hop album I listened to (Checking Itunes) where Sabacolypse, operation doomsday, and Esoteric vs Gary Numan.)

Hey blam and pumpkinface quick question do you buy cds, or vinyl and if you do how many albums do you have.

#247349 - 03/16/12 08:42 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
BLaM Offline

lol YEAH i 4got about deathgrips i saw this on ignoredprayers a long time ago.

#247350 - 03/16/12 08:43 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
Jack Lantern Offline

these guys jock necro and hyde
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPSopGjGXew

these guys are too established in the underground and too talented to be wearing face paint trying to grab juggalo fans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32INUJdxbRk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWoXexJphwo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecOKP4_lFsg

dear emcees: i dont care if it was "just for the video"... knock it off.

Edited by Jack Lantern (03/16/12 09:26 PM)

#247351 - 03/16/12 08:45 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: BLaM]
BLaM Offline

recently ive been buying chunes on beatport . i still buy vinyl but mainly for the rareness of the piece im buying or if its something turbo incredible. i also cop from itunes. the last cds i went to the store and copped , was die! , yelawolf, tech n9ne, and i guess i do cop a cd at almost ery show i go to.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist