Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#247363 - 03/16/12 09:24 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: BLaM]
Jack Lantern Offline
Military Basterd Whore Murderer 2nd Command

Originally Posted By: BLaM
Originally Posted By: Jack Lantern

these guys are too established in the underground and too talented to be wearing face paint trying to grab juggalo fans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32INUJdxbRk

woah. i liked swollen back in middle school. all that ol battle axe records was my shit back then. funny tho, they look just like my dude donny and ubi from ces cru , but swollen did it first.

man, hard to keep up, im used to this site being dead as whitney houston. but yeah, i like some of the swollen albums. ive been hearing alot of madchild buzz lately, but havent checked any of his new shit. gonna put that on the list of to-do's.

#247365 - 03/16/12 09:29 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
Rhyme Asylum is fucking phenomenal. Their lyrics are next level, first album is great, and second is very good. They sample the fallafal interview in one of their tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyXg5xP4IlQ

#247366 - 03/16/12 09:31 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Jack Lantern Offline

Originally Posted By: LucifrinImperium

Portraying a character is what lil wayne and rick ross do, talking about guns, streetlife, etc and you are a bitch and a fake in person.

just saw this. even though the shit in their life has inspired the character they are portraying, its still a character. cage is proof of that. he even rocks 2 names and was planning on dropping 2 albums, cage - im crazy! album, and chris palko - im sad! album. doom is orignal, and thats one of the reasons ive been a fan. but he does push his super villain character, complete with the mask. danny brown is the "weird adderal addict". necro is dope, and this isnt a diss just reality- necro doesnt really dissect bodies, shoot people, or kill people. punch them in the face, yes. kill people, no.

EDIT: gonna check those rhyme asylum albums. thanks for the heads up, needed something new.

Edited by Jack Lantern (03/16/12 09:34 PM)

#247369 - 03/16/12 09:42 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Originally Posted By: Jack Lantern

Portraying a character is what lil wayne and rick ross do, talking about guns, streetlife, etc and you are a bitch and a fake in person.

just saw this. even though the shit in their life has inspired the character they are portraying, its still a character. cage is proof of that. he even rocks 2 names and was planning on dropping 2 albums, cage - im crazy! album, and chris palko - im sad! album. doom is orignal, and thats one of the reasons ive been a fan. but he does push his super villain character, complete with the mask. danny brown is the "weird adderal addict". necro is dope, and this isnt a diss just reality- necro doesnt really dissect bodies, shoot people, or kill people. punch them in the face, yes. kill people, no.

You have shit totally twisted. One is a fake and is portraying a false image one isn't. Necro is not portraying a false image, Rick Ross is. It's like you woudn't say Martin Scorcese is a fake or portraying a character, he is depicting a vision, the shit is real to him, hes knowledgeable about it, and has been in contact with it. It's a thin line between rapping about something and living it, and rapping about something and living a completely different life, while implying you live that picture. The difference is one is a fraud and one is real. Cage doing the pop singer thing/crazy thing, is the fraud because real people don't flip personalities 180 it doesn't happen. As weird as Cage is he isn't even half as much of a faggot as most rappers. Im sure it was real to him at one point.

#247381 - 03/16/12 10:28 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: LucifrinImperium]
BLaM Offline

Loc: TECH N9NE COUNTRY

How many of them think it's dope enough to buy a album.

ALOT
i dnt have a soundscan on it but i will be getting an account soon so i can check. but dude, lots of kids will buy his digi drops, but mostly i think a lot of people will buy tickets to the packed venues he does shows at, plus they will buy merch .

comparing danny to el is good, if u think they arnt on the same level u might be missing some of dannys raps , L check out the danny brown tony yayo tape and peep dannys raps

#247382 - 03/16/12 10:35 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: BLaM]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I've heard of Danny Brown before that xxx album. I really can't stand his voice or flow, it bothers me. He isn't lyrical. I've heard multiple songs.

#247384 - 03/16/12 11:31 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: BLaM]
Luke Offline
a dirty motherfucker!!

Originally Posted By: BLaM
http://www.ehow.com/how_12144327_look-like-old-school-rapper.html

Thanks.

#247386 - 03/16/12 11:50 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Luke]
Jack Lantern Offline

ive been noticing a trend going on lately that might just change the whole game. cant remember which ones they were, but the other day i went to download an album from someone and the link was available for free IF you posted an ad for it on your twitter wall. another one made you give a valid email address, and they sent you a link to the download in your mail, keeping you on their outgoing mail list unless you manually opted out. EDIT: pretty sure it was that mr. muthafuckin exquire album. and the other was asap rocky's album. both newer artists, and newer albums, using this technique.

so im going to predict that ALBUM sales arent going to mean shit in the soon future. instead, they are going to be used as a marketing scheme to get you on the member list/website, to buy tickets to shows or other shit (shirts, posters, etc.), or to get you to advertise on the internet for them or their album.

fame > album sales

merch and shows are how you make money nowadays. probably why so many garbage albums are thrown together without effort.

EDIT: for blams last comment:
i actually didnt like alot of danny's pre-hybrid albums. it sounded pretty generic, nothing really got my attention. i feel like 'The Hybrid' is to danny brown as 'Anghellic' is to tech n9ne. they both have more than a few past albums, but these albums are the point where they really figured out the style that worked for them, and people actually began to notice them outside their home city.

EDIT: i should start a hip-hop review blog or youtube channel, rocking the pumpkin mask. haha, i can hear the haters already...

Edited by Jack Lantern (03/16/12 11:59 PM)

#247387 - 03/17/12 12:06 AM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
Down with NECRO Offline
Commander & Beesh 1st Platoon

Loc: New York
Yeah, Madchild is on fire lately. Can't wait for his solo to drop. Check this new freestyle video he did. Pretty fucking dope. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkiIeu0zHw

#247388 - 03/17/12 01:45 AM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: LucifrinImperium]
BLaM Offline

Loc: TECH N9NE COUNTRY
as a hardcore fan of lyricism, and Necro being one of a few of my fav rappers, i will say danny brown is lyrical. hes actually flippn a doap style

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist