Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#247352 - 03/16/12 08:47 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
BLaM Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: TECH N9NE COUNTRY
Originally Posted By: Jack Lantern

these guys are too established in the underground and too talented to be wearing face paint trying to grab juggalo fans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32INUJdxbRk

woah. i liked swollen back in middle school. all that ol battle axe records was my shit back then. funny tho, they look just like my dude donny and ubi from ces cru , but swollen did it first.

#247353 - 03/16/12 08:48 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
some of the "biggest" underground rappers are famous because of the 'characters' they portray in their music, i can see why everyone tries to grab a gimmick real quick. people are looking for different..

you got icp - clowns, mf doom - super villain, cage - mentally insane drug addict, wu tang - ninjas, martial artists, etc, etc, etc. and people copy it. everythings been done, new rappers have to create an original gimmick or copy someone else at this point. thats why i consider the death grips album was the best album of 2011. i dont expect anyone else to agree with that, it isnt for everyone. definitely something different though.

im just sick of seeing good, established emcees jumping on the gimmick band wagon..

Dude portraying a character is a whole different thing you have shit completely confused. Doom is highly original, possibly one of the most original emcees of all time, cage actually did do a lot of drugs and was locked up in a mental hospital etc that shit is real.

Portraying a character is what lil wayne and rick ross do, talking about guns, streetlife, etc and you are a bitch and a fake in person.

#247354 - 03/16/12 08:49 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: BLaM]
Jack Lantern Offline
Military Basterd Whore Murderer 2nd Command

Originally Posted By: BLaM
lol YEAH i 4got about deathgrips i saw this on ignoredprayers a long time ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lzJcEOkqT4&feature=related

new album should be dropping. a couple off the wall singles are on youtube. shits banannas.

zack hill (death gips, hella) fucking killing his drumset.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCWiogdCMY0&feature=related

i want to know what drugs they give the vocal dude. haha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BinKCtUTWBA&feature=related

#247355 - 03/16/12 08:56 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: BLaM]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Originally Posted By: BLaM
recently ive been buying chunes on beatport . i still buy vinyl but mainly for the rareness of the piece im buying or if its something turbo incredible. i also cop from itunes. the last cds i went to the store and copped , was die! , yelawolf, tech n9ne, and i guess i do cop a cd at almost ery show i go to.

Ok so my general point is for all these people talking about these danny brown raps are dope etc. How many of them think it's dope enough to buy a album. On top of that the whole how many albums do you own, is a standard for how much music you listen to, or how varied your tastes are, it's gauge how serious you are about it. In hip-hop more so than metal, I notice people are like yea that rapper is really fuckin dope etc, but they heard like 1 song off youtube or burned 1 track on a mixtape it's a fucking joke. Fake faggot's never oppose anything, or say negative things.

I left the water on the pot typing this shit, more than half of it evaporated...

#247356 - 03/16/12 08:59 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
Jack Lantern Offline

Originally Posted By: LucifrinImperium

That track is a fucking banger, beat is really dope and so are the lyrics. I think it's basically a Esoteric diss. Btw sound quality is horrendous in that youtube version. El-P's verse is fitting for this thread.

I cycle my itunes when I listen to music by last played, I listen to a lot of metal, but I own more hip-hop albums. Lately, been listening to more metal than hip-hop. Last hip-hop album I listened to (Checking Itunes) where Sabacolypse, operation doomsday, and Esoteric vs Gary Numan.)

Hey blam and pumpkinface quick question do you buy cds, or vinyl and if you do how many albums do you have.

yeah, that was totally a 7l and eso diss.

and man, thats what im talking about. you pretty much listed rap from 8 years ago. thats my problem. i have easily 1200 hip hop/rap albums, fill my phone with shit, and notice everything is prior to 2008-2009 and ive heard it all entirely way too many times. i listen to ALOT of music, most my jobs throughout life have allowed headphones, and music has pretty much been background noise for a good portion of my time on this planet. i cant hear the old shit anymore.. after so many runs i just cant do it anymore. unless its been a good couple of years since hearing it last. problem is, im all out of music. all i can do now is dig through the abyss of endless youtube vids, waiting for the next thing, while bumping the 2-3 tracks i can pull off of each one of these shmucks albums.

i think im at the point where even shitty music sounds decent, as long as its new.

i grew up on hip hop, only really started to listening to rock/metal within this decade, but always liked the shit. i definitely have more hip hop albums than metal albums, but i can fuck with anything from slayer, to lamb of god, to rage against the machine, to primus, etc. as far as metal goes. never was a fan of monster growling into a microphone or any trendy blink 182 type shit though.

EDIT: i see where youre going with your post, and youre mostly right. the majority of people jumping on the next new thing dont know shit about hip hop, or music in general. but im probably one of the rare cases of someone who actually knows music seeing the potential in these new kids. although most of them will be dust in the wind within a few years.

Edited by Jack Lantern (03/16/12 09:06 PM)

#247357 - 03/16/12 09:06 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
LucifrinImperium Offline

That track is a fucking banger, beat is really dope and so are the lyrics. I think it's basically a Esoteric diss. Btw sound quality is horrendous in that youtube version. El-P's verse is fitting for this thread.

I cycle my itunes when I listen to music by last played, I listen to a lot of metal, but I own more hip-hop albums. Lately, been listening to more metal than hip-hop. Last hip-hop album I listened to (Checking Itunes) where Sabacolypse, operation doomsday, and Esoteric vs Gary Numan.)

Hey blam and pumpkinface quick question do you buy cds, or vinyl and if you do how many albums do you have.

and man, thats what im talking about. you pretty much listed rap from 8 years ago. thats my problem. i have easily 1200 hip hop/rap albums, fill my phone with shit, and notice everything is prior to 2008-2009 and ive heard it all entirely way too many times. i listen to ALOT of music, most my jobs throughout life have allowed headphones, and music has pretty much been background noise for a good portion of my time on this planet. i cant hear the old shit anymore.. after so many runs i just cant do it anymore. unless its been a good couple of years since hearing it last. problem is, im all out of music. all i can do now is dig through the abyss of endless youtube vids, waiting for the next thing, while bumping the 2-3 tracks i can pull off of each one of these shmucks albums.

i think im at the point where even shitty music sounds decent, as long as its new.

Doesn't make any sense at all to me. If a album is really good it can constantly be replayed. It has replay value and it wont wear thin. Hence when you bump a EL-P album vs a Danny Brown album, odds are on the fifteenth listen you will hear something you haven't heard or understood before. While the Danny Brown album is done on the second listen, it's over I throw it in the trash, I listened to it, it's done I finished it. Necro tape lasts for years.

#247358 - 03/16/12 09:10 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
LucifrinImperium Offline

i grew up on hip hop, only really started to listening to rock/metal within this decade, but always liked the shit. i definitely have more hip hop albums than metal albums, but i can fuck with anything from slayer, to lamb of god, to rage against the machine, to primus, etc. as far as metal goes. never was a fan of monster growling into a microphone or any trendy blink 182 type shit though.

EDIT: i see where youre going with your post, and youre mostly right. the majority of people jumping on the next new thing dont know shit about hip hop, or music in general. but im probably one of the rare cases of someone who actually knows music seeing the potential in these new kids. although most of them will be dust in the wind within a few years.

Have you heard both Rhyme Asylum albums? Those are lyrically dense. The 2011 hip-hop albums I bought are as listed, Heavy Metal Kings, Jedi Mind tricks, Blaq Poet Society, Boston Pharaoh , Hail Mary Mallon and Lyrical Law. None are really great, all are good releases.

#247359 - 03/16/12 09:13 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Jack Lantern Offline

yeah, anything past the year 2010 or so, probably earlier, havent seen many replay throughs. but on the otherhand, out of the shit you mentioned, i cant give operation doomsday or sabacalypse any more plays, probably for at least a couple years. dont get me wrong, one or two tracks from the albums are definitely on the playlist, dead bent definitely is, but even when those come on its like "damn... again...". im just fucking burnt out. and quite honestly, doom is one of those guys that will bore the living shit out of me if im not in the mood for him (with el-p). el-p and doom are on my list of favorite emcees though.

it makes me wonder how many times ive heard these albums vs. how times you have. not in a "im cooler" way, haha, but i just wonder how much/often and how many times youve actually listened to your albums. i got boys who listen to music on the way to work, or in the car, or whatever. im full time music listener.

#247360 - 03/16/12 09:18 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Jack Lantern Offline

Have you heard both Rhyme Asylum albums? Those are lyrically dense. The 2011 hip-hop albums I bought are as listed, Heavy Metal Kings, Jedi Mind tricks, Blaq Poet Society, Boston Pharaoh , Hail Mary Mallon and Lyrical Law. None are really great, all are good releases.

hmm, actually i have not. thats the thing about underground hip hop... easy to miss a good album or dismiss a group rapper/group as shit, based on 1 youtube video. ill check them out.

JMT - eh, actually better than i thought it would be. jus & vinnie still needs to quit barking their grocery list at me though.

HMM - pretty good. garfield and smock are in rotation.

havent heard the others.

#247362 - 03/16/12 09:21 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
LucifrinImperium Offline

yeah, anything past the year 2010 or so, probably earlier, havent seen many replay throughs. but on the otherhand, out of the shit you mentioned, i cant give operation doomsday or sabacalypse any more plays, probably for at least a couple years. dont get me wrong, one or two tracks from the albums are definitely on the playlist, dead bent definitely is, but even when those come on its like "damn... again...". im just fucking burnt out. and quite honestly, doom is one of those guys that will bore the living shit out of me if im not in the mood for him (with el-p). el-p and doom are on my list of favorite emcees though.

it makes me wonder how many times ive heard these albums vs. how times you have. not in a "im cooler" way, haha, but i just wonder how much/often and how many times youve actually listened to your albums. i got boys who listen to music on the way to work, or in the car, or whatever. im full time music listener.

I've heard it more than you most likely. All the albums I own i've listened multiple times, I'm listening to music all day more than 4 hours every day, I buy cds every month. I only own like 300 albums, but I completely familiar with every one. On top of that I constantly download music and give it multiple spins. I'm not a casual listener. When you take a song out of the albums context, the song itself doesn't seem as good sometimes. I don't listen to individual tracks, unless its a track where the album blows and one track is good. For instance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9vmkNJBYQo

Don't know what your issue is, get some better headphones and listening equipment.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist