Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#247389 - 03/17/12 01:51 AM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
BLaM Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: TECH N9NE COUNTRY
Originally Posted By: Jack Lantern
ive been noticing a trend going on lately that might just change the whole game. cant remember which ones they were, but the other day i went to download an album from someone and the link was available for free IF you posted an ad for it on your twitter wall. another one made you give a valid email address, and they sent you a link to the download in your mail, keeping you on their outgoing mail list unless you manually opted out. EDIT: pretty sure it was that mr. muthafuckin exquire album. and the other was asap rocky's album. both newer artists, and newer albums, using this technique.

so im going to predict that ALBUM sales arent going to mean shit in the soon future. instead, they are going to be used as a marketing scheme to get you on the member list/website, to buy tickets to shows or other shit (shirts, posters, etc.), or to get you to advertise on the internet for them or their album.

fame > album sales

merch and shows are how you make money nowadays. probably why so many garbage albums are thrown together without effort.

EDIT: for blams last comment:
i actually didnt like alot of danny's pre-hybrid albums. it sounded pretty generic, nothing really got my attention. i feel like 'The Hybrid' is to danny brown as 'Anghellic' is to tech n9ne. they both have more than a few past albums, but these albums are the point where they really figured out the style that worked for them, and people actually began to notice them outside their home city.

EDIT: i should start a hip-hop review blog or youtube channel, rocking the pumpkin mask. haha, i can hear the haters already...
dude word up, yeah actually the tweet to download/ enter ur email to DL is actually pretty old by a few years. TONS of beat makers do it and djs too. thats cool that more rappers are doing it now, i know the machina muerte label does that, another record label you should peep due to the illl rappers
yeah jack, u should do a blog. fuck the haters they cant see SHIT! do u bro sounds like ur acutally knowledgable on the music subject plus youre enjoying checking out new shit, go for it bruh. poast the link when u do it

Edited by BLaM (03/18/12 04:18 PM)

#247390 - 03/17/12 02:14 AM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: BLaM]
MasMurdaz Offline
Military Basterd Whore Murderer 2nd Command

Loc: LV/So Cal

#247400 - 03/17/12 04:37 AM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: BLaM]
Your Old Droog Offline

Loc: Tennessee
pretty much everyone raps like lil wayne and drake now.

#247409 - 03/17/12 05:54 AM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Your Old Droog]
SADISTIC BASTARD Offline

Loc: World Gone Mad
NECRO AND A HANDFUL OF OTHERS IS KEEPING REAL
HIPHOP ALIVE

#247631 - 03/18/12 10:10 AM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: SADISTIC BASTARD]
Jack Lantern Offline
Military Basterd Whore Murderer 2nd Command

Originally Posted By: SADISTIC BASTARD
NECRO AND A HANDFUL OF OTHERS IS KEEPING REAL
HIPHOP ALIVE

take it from this guy^ if anyone knows what they are talking about, its SADISTIC BASTARD.

word is bond.

#247737 - 03/18/12 11:06 PM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: Jack Lantern]
SADISTIC BASTARD Offline

Loc: World Gone Mad
^^^^^
THATS RITE

#248133 - 03/21/12 11:32 AM Re: hip hop done went all topsy turvey and shit.... [Re: BLaM]
Bumpy,Knux Offline
a dirty motherfucker!!

Loc: Flint, Michigan
cali rappers been makin `east coast` hip hop for mad long.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist