Page 15 of 158 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 157 158 >
Topic Options
#253738 - 04/12/12 02:30 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
Gave that martyr shit like 3 minutes, no way in hell is it growing on me. I don't like the vocals, too hardcorish for my tastes. Only the most golden of voices for my virgin ears.

#253740 - 04/12/12 03:03 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

doesn't his vocals kinda remind you of Tom Araya from Slayer? Martyr's music is way more interesting though, its also something different for this kinda music as opposed to typical cookie cutter death metal vocals. I can understand if you don't like the vocals though

#253742 - 04/12/12 03:19 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I'm not knocking them, I just don't like the vocals. I actually heard warpzone multiple times when I downloaded it in the past, the musics interesting no doubt. Before half assed listening to 1 track off of feeding the abcess I actually checked out the track warpzone again, I was still pretty familiar with it. I could see how he resembles Araya, reminds me more of hardcore vocals, maybe even the dude from municipal waste.

Dude I'm picky about a lot of things in metal, I don't want to justify my tastes when discussing well respected bands. It's strictly taste. Now for instance if it was metalcore vocals, then i'd say it's totally fucking gay and it sounds whiny.

Tom Angelripper(what a name) from Sodom used to remind of a german version of araya.

#253747 - 04/12/12 03:40 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

besides Varg being a racist douchebag I never really got all the hype for Burzum, am I missing something? or maybe I just never really gave it enough of a chance but i've skimmed though songs from alot of their albums and I just don't see whats so great about any of them

#253748 - 04/12/12 03:46 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I like tomhet that track is tight. There is a possibility you might like it. His best albums are Filosofem and Hvis Lyset Tar Oss.

I actually gave both those albums some serious listens to make sure I wasn't hating him just because he's a racist piece of shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaFS0ZMHeco

This track is kinda dope too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-x6BU9u0sQ

It's pretty minimalistic black metal focusing more on atmosphere. You might like it can't say for sure. I don't consider myself a big black metal fan.

I liked that black metal documentary until the light takes us, thats where the cornflakes clip comes from. I find it funny.

#253781 - 04/12/12 04:42 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

I kinda digged that first track, i'll listen to that other one you posted a little later on tonight. some of his music reminds me of inferior versions of the first 2 Blut Aus Nord albums, are you at all familiar with that band? they're another one of those avant garde black metal bands from France with their later work not that far off from what Deathspell Omega is doing

#253783 - 04/12/12 04:45 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

this album is beautiful sounding

Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue with the Stars

#253784 - 04/12/12 04:47 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Yes I am familiar with em. I dld a album of theres recently, 777 something with a odd blue cover I don't wanna look it up, oh and I also heard work which transforms god... looked it up.

Yo did you ever hear Thy Catafalque yet? I posted some tracks a while back.

Mean streak sometimes you feel depressed, apathetic, just remember god blessed you, the nations heart a bond closer than brothers, with a rifle in your precious hand you left the shadows of the dead. One by one.

#253786 - 04/12/12 04:48 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Streak
this album is beautiful sounding

Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue with the Stars

I will listen to this.

#253796 - 04/12/12 05:02 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

YO did you ever hear that Be'lakor album Stone's Reach. Assuming you have. I think it's dope.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzy1klzbxtg

Page 15 of 158 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 157 158 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist