Page 65 of 156 < 1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 155 156 >
Topic Options
#275511 - 08/24/12 06:19 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
I agree that second cover (I think its fan art) is loads better. Really the first one is like someone is raping your eyes with the dazzling glimmer shit. Reminds me of bitches with too much make up.

I downloaded behind the shadows lie madness again, weird but every now and then I want to hear it. The atmospheric guitar delay shit feels really unique. I just realized it's a lovecraftian themed concept album. Also downloaded Candlemass's Epicus Doomicus Metallicus.

I think I might cop this Mithras album man the guitars sound so fucking cool, really immersing. Just read that it's a duo? Says one dude does guitars and drums, quite an amazing feat.

#275512 - 08/24/12 06:37 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

I thought it was just fan made as well but somebody left this comment on blabbermouth and it made more sense

"I don't think the original cover was fake. it was leaked by the artist and it ticked Jari off. Jari told him to remove it from his myspace, which he did, but by then the artwork had spread everywhere. With the advent of splitting the album in two, plus the amount of time that had passed since the leak, Jari probably felt it was best to commission a new cover. The original artist was paid and that's that. Had he not jumped the gun and spoiled the Time cover, his artwork might be the cover of Time I (with a re-painted title).

Also, the major themes of the covers are too similar to be coincidence: a japanese tree (no clue what it is, but to me it's just a blossoming cherry) and space and stars. The passage of time.

Honestly, I feel that the leaked cover is very mid-2000s and would have worked back then; the 3D band logo, and great follow-up artwork to "Wintersun". But a lot has changed in the past eight years. The newer cover, which is growing on me with every viewing, is what the *third* Wintersun album might have looked like, had there been a second album back in 2008, say.

In other words, this artwork seems to follow a natural progression, but we simply skipped over eight years, and instead of a third album, we're only on the second. I hope that makes sense"

#275514 - 08/24/12 06:41 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Lol whoa, that was a very deep philosophical approach to the time album covers hahaha. So this guy is saying if time came out earlier in time then time 1 album cover would make sense because it would be time 2.

Pretty informative actually.

*I'm sure you've seen this one.

http://www.metalstorm.net/images/fun/big/215

Edited by LucifrinImperium (08/24/12 06:44 AM)

#275515 - 08/24/12 06:43 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

really anxious to hear the new Mithras album, that was another album I was expecting for 2012 along with Gorguts but it looks like we'll have to wait until atleast early 2013 :\

and yeah Mithras is only 2 people, i'm pretty sure Leon Macey does the bulk of the songwriting, the vocalist had actually left the band for a couple of years but he rejoined not too long ago

as for Candlemass i'm not really familiar with any of their stuff, another band with a huge discography. I guess i'll start with the album you mentioned and see if I like it...

#275516 - 08/24/12 06:47 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I guess it's one of the earlier doom metal bands, not something I'm really into. But I figure i'd give it a listen since it seems to b e a pretty influential heralded album. I heard it once maybe 2 years ago didn't think it was bad but I figure i'd give it a proper listen this time.

Here is a link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qeq8dj63xlhi9qp

#275517 - 08/24/12 06:54 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

cool i'll check that out, i've seen that cover before numerous times.

you might wanna give "Worlds Beyond the Veil" a listen, it has inferior production to Shadows but it seems to be their most talked about album among fans, so maybe you will like that one as well

#275518 - 08/24/12 07:05 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I probably will, I heard it before you recommended me lie madness and I wasn't intrigued, along time ago. But It's good to revisit albums, I highly doubt I will dig it. I like crisp production, seems a lot of people don't. Now that I know that Lie madness is a concept album it makes a lot more sense.

I was wondering who was opening up for vektor.... tickets are ten bucks I might catch this. That's the cheapest i've ever heard for a show. You recognize any of these other bands? I don't.

#275519 - 08/24/12 07:10 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

nope I can't say i've heard any of those bands before, it would be worth going to see Vektor as the headliner alone. i'm sure Vektor's set for that other tour I posted will be much shorter since there is alot of other bands playing on it, and aside from seeing Repulsion mainly just for their reputation none of the other bands really interest me

#275531 - 08/24/12 02:37 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
DeathByMetal666 Offline
a bag of shit

Per Ohlin was in a Candlemass video back in the day, I think it was called "Bewitched". You can see him in a few scenes.

You can see "Dead" at 4:24 behind Messiah Marconi

Edited by DeathByMetal666 (08/24/12 04:50 PM)

Metal Hip hop - the fusion of real rap with real guitar shit, no illusions.

#275537 - 08/24/12 02:51 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: DeathByMetal666]
esevato Offline
Tyrant - part of the circle

Page 65 of 156 < 1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 155 156 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist