Page 1 of 155 1 2 3 ... 154 155 >
Topic Options
#251322 - 04/06/12 09:10 AM The Metal Thread
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

seems like every decade has some really embarrassing sub-genre in heavy metal like in the 80's it was glam or hair metal or whatever the fuck you wanna call it. in the 90's it was nu metal, in the 2000's and onwards its been metal/deathcore bands. do you ever watch the show Metalocalypse? I really hope they make fun of all these -core bands in the upcoming 4th season like they already have with glam and nu metal bands, it overdue. did you ever notice that the vocalist in Lykathea Aflame that does the clean vocal parts sounds almost exactly like Skwisgaar Skwigelf in the show? pretty funny shit

#251326 - 04/06/12 09:11 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
I love metalocaypse. I actually found out about it through the Necro boards. I think dethklok is a great band too. Brendon Small has a solo album dropping, i'm excited to hear it. New metalocalypse this month.

Haha we are totally on the same page I deleted my last post.

#251327 - 04/06/12 09:12 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

You ever see the guests they have on that show? They have some pretty big names from the metal community on there.
Don't ruin lykathea for me, I was watching that gorguts interview earlier on today, they said steve "ey" cloutier was like skiwsgard.

Great interview too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGrwNM5ROBc

#251328 - 04/06/12 09:15 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

I heard a couple tracks off that recently, 1 of them was an instrumental track that reminded me alot like Dethklok, speaking of Dethklok I wonder when we will get the Deth Album 3? seems like its been overdue maybe after season 4 ends he will work on that...

#251337 - 04/06/12 09:24 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Yes, I want dethalbum 3 as well. 2 was a great album maybe better than the first. Really solid.

I recently saw a episode of that metal show on blabbermouth. I think that show blows dicks. They listed Pantera on a second big 4 list. I don't give a fuck about Pantera, I never have and I never will. I have no idea how anyone who is a honest metal head can like them. That shit reminds me of deathcore/metalcore the way I see people who listen to pantera, but don't listen to much other metal.

#251341 - 04/06/12 09:26 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I don't like cannibal corpse at all. Shit is lame as balls to me. Alex Webster is a dope bassist but it seems to be very stagnant music. Correct me if i'm wrong but same album after same album. I guess it just boils down to taste. Don't like it.

#251342 - 04/06/12 09:26 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: ]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Originally Posted By: Mothman
What are the names of these metalcore/deathcore bands that suck?

All of them.

Another thing about Metalcore/Deathcore bands.
The band names usually suck dick.
It's typically a random abstraction trying to sound poetic or who knows what, they are fucking terrible.
For instance.

Before the Blue Sky.
Eating my Sadness.

Something like that. Made those up.

#251360 - 04/06/12 09:49 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: ]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Have you heard Carcariass's Killing Process and Sceptic's Pathetic Being. Both of those are pretty good. The solo of ancestor of all powers is magnificent.

#251466 - 04/06/12 07:31 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: ]
LucifrinImperium Offline

The ending to this contrastic album is awesome, I imagine my dumb bitch roomate listening to it through the wall. Thinking that sounds cool, then it swiches to furious blast beats and guttural vocals, her face grows into a horrified expression. Probably thinks i'm insane, which I am, I can hear her thinking it... I'm going to make it stop.

#251467 - 04/06/12 07:49 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

The symphonics on this Scrambled Defuncts album are too loud for me. Maybe it's just me but it sounds as if it was mixed by a handicapped person. It sounds out of place for me.

Page 1 of 155 1 2 3 ... 154 155 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist