Page 39 of 158 < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 157 158 >
Topic Options
#265607 - 06/22/12 02:54 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: ]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

i'm glad you liked that Flourishing album, you might as well check out their debut EP

here's some other albums to listen to when you get around to it

Pyrrhon - An Excellent Servant But A Terrible Master

Rune - The End of Nothing

#265608 - 06/22/12 02:55 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

Originally Posted By: Mithras
Mithras have announced that their next album is to be titled 'On Strange Loops'. The band are currently in the studio doing preproduction work and finishing off the writing process with the album recording session slated to begin on the 21st of December 2012.

#265626 - 06/22/12 04:05 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
Dope all of the above. That flourishing, mithras etc all have a extremely fresh sound. Tickles my fancy. Will download those albums mentioned next week. Got about 7 albums on computer right now I want to fully digest..........
..LEPROSY WILL TAKE CONTROL AND BRING YOU TO YOUR DEATHHHHHHHH NO CHANCE FOR A NORMAL LIFE TO LIVE JUST LIKE THE RESTTTT.

#265736 - 06/22/12 10:26 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Gorgut's Obscura = fucking brilliance.

How in the fuck did this album drop in 98, the complexity is mind boggling. Unreal, seriously this is a marvel. It feels fresh every single time I listen to it. The production/mixing is awesome, every single instrument kills. RIP Steeve Hurdle. RIP Steve Macdonald.

I'm feeling awestruck by this album right now.
I wonder if John Longstreth is going to be with Gorguts.I don't understand how anyone could replicate these drum patterns in a live setting.

Clouded feels so fucking good.

This is usually my go to drinking album, this and Monothiest. Sober right now but I might as well be drunk.
Clouded feels like im drowning underwater.
Dude I tunes says I've listened to this album 16-20 times. I know i've listened to it at least like 25-30. It still feels like I'm barely comprehending it, subtleties all over the place. I don't think it's because I have a bad ear either.

#266157 - 06/24/12 06:27 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

Originally Posted By: LucifrinImperium
Gorgut's Obscura = fucking brilliance.

How in the fuck did this album drop in 98, the complexity is mind boggling. Unreal, seriously this is a marvel. It feels fresh every single time I listen to it. The production/mixing is awesome, every single instrument kills. RIP Steeve Hurdle. RIP Steve Macdonald.

I'm feeling awestruck by this album right now.
I wonder if John Longstreth is going to be with Gorguts.I don't understand how anyone could replicate these drum patterns in a live setting.

Clouded feels so fucking good.

This is usually my go to drinking album, this and Monothiest. Sober right now but I might as well be drunk.
Clouded feels like im drowning underwater.
Dude I tunes says I've listened to this album 16-20 times. I know i've listened to it at least like 25-30. It still feels like I'm barely comprehending it, subtleties all over the place. I don't think it's because I have a bad ear either.

I don't think John Longstreth has been playing live with Gorguts lately, pretty sure he's too busy with Origin right now. i'm so anxious for the new album, I wish they would release the damn thing already i've been waiting forever it seems, hopefully they play a new song or 2 at the DTA tour. btw how was the concert last night?

i've never been a big fan of the track Clouded, its the only track on Obscura I skip most of the time, I just feel like its too long, and slow for my liking. Steve Hurdle sounds pretty fucked up on there though.

Obscura is such a landmark album for death metal, have you ever heard Ved Buens Ende only album Written In Waters? its got a similar vibe to Obscura but its black metal and came out in 1995. you should download it and listen to it a few times if you haven't already, wouldn't be surprised if this album was an influence for Gorguts

Ved Buens Ende - Written In Waters

#266161 - 06/24/12 06:51 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Show was bananas, phenomenal all around.

Gorguts was mind blowing as good as the Death tribute or better. They played very tight, Luc Lemays vocals fucking devastated. Drums where precise, Riff's sounded amazingly heavy and crisp. Watching him play "Obscura" live is pretty special, looks really fucked up and awesome.

Setlist for Gorguts was as follows: Carnal State, From wisdom to hate, Orphans of Sickness, Nostalgia, stiff and cold, inverted, obscura and Erosion of Sanity. (Friend snatched up setlist at end .)

Death tribute was awesome: Setlist is on this link.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=175819

It ended on Moment of Clarity(One of my favorite solos), then they came out and did voice of the soul, which is really beautiful, then an encore with living monstrosity and pull the plug.

Sean Reinert did like 4 songs early on of pre-human material, some dude from exhumed did like 1. Gene(Hogie)Hoglan did the rest, gene killed it. Lead singer from exhumed Matt Harvey did great he preformed on a lot of the tracks. Cool watching Steve Diogorgio live, he is basically a giant, great player.

I think the guitars could of sounded a little better, but all in all it was a A+ plus show. I was just physically drained near the end of the last 5 songs.

#266162 - 06/24/12 07:01 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Will dl that Ved Buens Ende album don't think I ever heard of it. Thanks for the recommendations, will dl all 3 of those albums you recommended above that as well.

And to the bitch that messaged me this with the title "Regency Ballroom"
Originally Posted By: Mothman
You weren't there!

Pussy.

Stop talking shit about metal and stick to your bieber gigs you loser.

I was there, and you are a bitch.

#266294 - 06/24/12 09:22 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: ]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Don't confuse me with you, I don't lie about trite bullshit to make a point. That's what you do. I was there, not posting shit it doesn't make a difference. You are lying once again claiming to know something you know 0 about. The final point doesn't mean anything either. Your opinion = shit.

#266461 - 06/25/12 06:41 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: ]
J0shuaKane Offline
Depraved Rabbi

mothman you lucky bastard, living in australia you get to see all the best grind/metal bands live.

do you know if Fuck...I'm Dead still plays live?

lucy, how long have you been listening to metal?

and gene hoglan did the drums for gorguts? or am i confused.

#266497 - 06/25/12 09:07 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: ]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Good job ruining every single thread you post in Mothman.

I got into Sabbath in like the 6th grade, maybe like Maiden in 8th.

Why would Hoglan do drums for Gorguts? He probably woudn't be able to cover the parts if he tried. Weird.

Page 39 of 158 < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 157 158 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist