Page 29 of 158 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 157 158 >
Topic Options
#258482 - 05/04/12 12:27 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

are you into Necrophagist at all? I figured if you like Spawn of Possession and Obscura you would like them as well, the wait for a new album is getting ridiculous though

that Kreator video is bad ass, makes me more excited for their new album

#258483 - 05/04/12 12:57 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
Yes and no. I like a lot of the riffs, drumming etc. Wasn't really feeling the albums when I listened to em, didn't think it was wack or bad, just not great, Might download Epitaph again. They are a really hyped band for only having 2 albums which are like 40 minutes long. Some of that shit is absurdly technical, is that dude a muslim?

You know i'm not huge on spawn or obscura. I re listened to omnivium yesterday the only song I really like is the opener, cosmogenesis seems much better to me, songs seem better formulated. I wasn't big on Noctambulant either.

#258484 - 05/04/12 03:47 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

did you ever listen to Obscura's first album "Retribution"? sounds nothing like Cosmogenesis or Omnivium, reminds me more of older Death you should give it a listen atleast

the frontman for Necrophagist is a German caucasian, I think he may have converted to a Muslim though i'm not positive on that one to be honest. I think I read somewhere that Muhammed is not his birth name

Onset of Putrefaction>Epitaph imo

#258485 - 05/04/12 03:57 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

it kinda gets on my nerve though that Necrophagist seems to get alot more recognition then a band like Gorguts, Gorguts is probably my favorite death metal band of all time, even their first 2 albums are top notch old school death metal

Luc Lemay is a death metal genius

#258486 - 05/04/12 04:12 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Downloading Onset and Retribution.
I've heard multiple tracks off of retribution. Thought about dling it but I never did. If muhammed is a muslim i'm going to kill that stupid fuck. Metal is for satan and things of despair, not gay ass religion.

I'm still waiting on Gorgut's to reissue Obscura on CD.

Yo so do you listen to Primordial? I looked up the video ethica odini the other day, I realized I totally remembered that main riff, reminded me of Primordial a little.

#258487 - 05/04/12 05:20 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

i've heard of Primordial before but never checked out their music, i've heard they sound similar to Incantaion, is that true? give me an album of theirs I should download

#258488 - 05/04/12 06:13 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I think incantation is standard death metal right? If that's the case It doesn't sound anything like them at all. Closest thing I think it sounds like might be Enslaved, with dif vocals. It's like Folk Black Metal shit from Ireland . I don't know try it out. I think the albums great, took a while to grow on me. I listened to onset of putrefaction, I don't think it's bad or dislike it, it just doesn't move me. Solo on the last track is pretty good.

To The Nameless Dead - Primordial

http://www.mediafire.com/?y1notytwwwy

#258489 - 05/04/12 06:25 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

you could say Incantation plays standard death metal but more on the doomy/sludge side, I must have gotten Primordial mixed up with a different band then if they sound more like Enslaved. I know i've heard of them before though, i'm gonna check out that album you posted. thanks

#258492 - 05/04/12 06:44 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Listening to Retribution I don't think his vocals sound too good here. Some of these riffs are pretty good, so far Hymn to a Nocturnal Visitor sounds like the best track. I'll prob end up deleting this. I like how as a tribute to Gorguts they titled their last song Sweet Silence. Heard it before on youtube, the gorguts sweet silence is killer.

Don't know if Enslaved is the best comparison to Primordial. Did you ever hear Rotting Christ's AEALO? Singer from Primordial has a small guest appearance on that album, I love that record. I'm going to download Axioma Ethica Odini right now.

Edited by LucifrinImperium (05/04/12 06:46 AM)
Edit Reason: For some reason I typed Immortal instead of Primordial, it rhymes.

#258523 - 05/04/12 08:39 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I'm listening to Axioma Ethica Odini right now, I have to say I think I really like this on first listen. Sounds like something that will grow on me. I don't know wtf happened when I first listened to it that I didn't like it, I think it was the clean vocals that sound a little soft. Props on mentioning em.

Glad they are from Norway because I don't want to be listening to anything that isn't tr00 kvlt.

Man these guitars are fucking sick, wtf was I doing this shit sounds awesome. Fuck yes.

Side Note: Enslaved guitarest Ice Dale plays on "I" with Abbath and King Ov Hell, he also plays on Demonaz's March of the Norse.

Page 29 of 158 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 157 158 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist