Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#241330 - 01/25/12 03:25 AM Re: So you think you are hard? [Re: BLaM]
bkdethrap Offline
a bowl of chili looking feces

to the guy who started the thread, isn't the dude in the pic the last guy he fought? Did you happen to just find out about Palharres from the last ufc? because his standup is horrible, I doubt he will get it to Anderson Silva level before Silva retires or ever, and I kinda hate Anderson but if you've seen all Palharres' fights you would know this, but I still love Palharres because he is like that jap dude imanari who goes for the heel hook all day( my favorite leg lock) and when he gets it people usually scream instead of tap.

Your Rockin Faggot Ice
Your A Maggot Commercial Pretty Boy
Bitch Ass Nukka I'll BodyBag Ya Slice

#241342 - 01/25/12 01:16 PM Re: So you think you are hard? [Re: bkdethrap]
Swordfish Offline
Depraved Rabbi

Originally Posted By: bkdethrap
to the guy who started the thread, isn't the dude in the pic the last guy he fought? Did you happen to just find out about Palharres from the last ufc? because his standup is horrible, I doubt he will get it to Anderson Silva level before Silva retires or ever, and I kinda hate Anderson but if you've seen all Palharres' fights you would know this, but I still love Palharres because he is like that jap dude imanari who goes for the heel hook all day( my favorite leg lock) and when he gets it people usually scream instead of tap.

I think Palhares has medicore stand up, but he did last 3 rounds with Dan Henderson and you cannot deny his chin, I think if he fought Silva, Palhares would go straight for the ground, although Silva is also a BJJ blackbelt he does not have the skillset or credentials of Toquinho. Ignore Silva's last loss (DQ for an illegal kick), his loss was to a flying heel hook. I think if Palhares got a hold of Silva he would snap his legs. The only risk Palhares has is his crazy, loose stand-up, he is just asking to get caught like Griffin did with Silva. He throws wild strikes to set up the take down or to pull guard to hunt for the leg-sub.

Edited by Swordfish (01/25/12 01:17 PM)

we bear fruit from the tree of life and feed it to the root of evil

#241383 - 01/26/12 10:43 PM Re: So you think you are hard? [Re: Swordfish]
bkdethrap Offline

i think your right about that, if they ever did fight and it hits the ground, i would bet he could get a heel hook, he is a beast and I like his style but he needs to be able to stand up to stay champ if he did beat him.

Your Rockin Faggot Ice

#258810 - 05/06/12 01:36 PM Re: So you think you are hard? [Re: Swordfish]
fumes... Offline
a dirty motherfucker!!

Loc: Stockton 209
Originally Posted By: Swordfish

He will be the one to defeat Anderson Silva.

Gotta beat the Alan Belchers of the division before he can even dream of taking on Anderson.

#258854 - 05/06/12 08:26 PM Re: So you think you are hard? [Re: fumes...]
Lurkster Offline
a bag of shit

Loc: Canada
Seeing as he lost to Belcher don't see it happening. His Jui Jitsu is legit but he's got a ways to go on everything else. Entertaining fighter thoguh

#258902 - 05/07/12 06:49 AM Re: So you think you are hard? [Re: Lurkster]
bkdethrap Offline

Just came to check out the front page of the board and came back into this thread by accident (the title doesnt help), I did remember this thread and swordfish's love for Pallhares when I saw Belcher win, I wanted to come say I told you so, didnt think I would find the thread but here it is.

The Heel hook is an awesome, brutal move, probably the most devastating next to a kneebar, its pretty much my favorite move too, but you cant just rely on that.

Your Rockin Faggot Ice

#258920 - 05/07/12 09:00 AM Re: So you think you are hard? [Re: ]
Lurkster Offline
a bag of shit

Personally I think Belcher is underrated. plus he's always entertaining

#259010 - 05/08/12 05:04 AM Re: So you think you are hard? [Re: ]
Lurkster Offline
a bag of shit

ya I am pretty sure his nickname means tree stump, he's got excellent subs, stand up is nothing special. I think he's a little fucking cuckoo though. Like celebrating when he hadnt even won yet in the Dan Miller fight. I heard he had hired a sports psychologist or some shit but i dont know if that will help him.

Anyway hopefully Belcher gets a step up for his next outing. And Palhares gets some one who isn't so well rounded so he can do whats he does best, and snatch limbs!

#259417 - 05/13/12 08:29 PM Re: So you think you are hard? [Re: BLaM]
SkateWitch Offline
Goon

Loc: Pennsylvania
im hard as nails

http://www.necroproduct.com/mmkk/

#259527 - 05/14/12 12:04 PM Re: So you think you are hard? [Re: SkateWitch]
J0shuaKane Offline
Depraved Rabbi

nails can be broken. i am like water, i adapt and react.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist