Page 43 of 158 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 157 158 >
Topic Options
#266967 - 06/27/12 05:24 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

Originally Posted By: LucifrinImperium

I just right clicked on the video and put copy embed html, then pasted.

Listened to the all the albums recommended, still listening to written in waters and deathspell tho. You ever hear Dodecahedron? I'm sure you have.. i'm not big on it but you might be.

Did you ever notice how the beginning of a lot of these new metalocalypse epsiodes is being narrarated by Werner Herzog. Pretty funny, same dude at end of the Pyrrhon album.

Also vocals on Written in waters remind me of Oderus Urungus from Gwar, and vocals from Flourishing John Tardy.

its about time youtubes got enabled around here and that makes it alot easier to right click and copy it then typing in that whole damn code like the other thread was saying to do. funny you mentioned that Dodcahedron I was thinking about recommending that after you listened to all that stuff I posted, one of my favorite releases this year along with that new Deathspell Omega EP. I noticed Luc Lemay was wearing a Dodcahedron t-shirt at the DTA show in Hollywood. Patrice Hamelin from Martyr is the person currently playing drums for Gorguts live

i've been listening to this band named Hate Forest out of curiosity since Colin Marston was wearing a t-shirt of them at that show as well. some crushing atmospheric black metal

#266970 - 06/27/12 06:15 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
Originally Posted By: Mean Streak

its about time youtubes got enabled around here and that makes it alot easier to right click and copy it then typing in that whole damn code like the other thread was saying to do. funny you mentioned that Dodcahedron I was thinking about recommending that after you listened to all that stuff I posted, one of my favorite releases this year along with that new Deathspell Omega EP. I noticed Luc Lemay was wearing a Dodcahedron t-shirt at the DTA show in Hollywood. Patrice Hamelin from Martyr is the person currently playing drums for Gorguts live

i've been listening to this band named Hate Forest out of curiosity since Colin Marston was wearing a t-shirt of them at that show as well. some crushing atmospheric black metal

Yea I heard about Dodecahedron before, but the shirt is actually what resparked it. I actually downloaded it and gave it another listen. Got a picture with Lemay at the show, dude is the master.

I actually heard about hate forest through Drudkh, I think they share some members. Haven't heard the music before. I was researching if Drudkh members where on some NS bullshit. Turns out they kind of are, dedicating albums to nazis etc. I have no interest in supporting that bullshit, even tho I do agree good music is good music regardless of the ideology. Unless it's christian black metal, or anything christian. Which should die.

#266971 - 06/27/12 06:25 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

it wasn't just the Deathspell Omega vibe that made me want to check out Dodecahedron but also the fact that the guitarist from Exivous is also in the band, I hear they got a new album in the works. I enjoyed their full length and even the demo they made way back

so you got the meet Luc thats pretty dope, did you ask him how the new album is coming along? last I heard it was likely going to be released either late 2012 or first quarter of 2013

#266972 - 06/27/12 06:26 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

i'm just glad the new Dysrhythmia album is coming out in August, that should hold me off until new Gorguts

#266974 - 06/27/12 06:33 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

it wasn't just the Deathspell Omega vibe that made me want to check out Dodecahedron but also the fact that the guitarist from Exivous is also in the band, I hear they got a new album in the works. I enjoyed their full length and even the demo they made way back

so you got the meet Luc thats pretty dope, did you ask him how the new album is coming along? last I heard it was likely going to be released either late 2012 or first quarter of 2013

Heres what I think I know, I overheard him talking while waiting in line I think he was saying it has a more progressive vibe and its 8 songs or something. I'm assuming they where talking about it, don't like repeating questions. But I did talk to Paul Ryan when they came to stockton he said he heard the whole thing and it was a cross between Obscura and Wisdom to Hate. I think it's done.
I asked Luc if they where going to reissue Obscura on cd dude said it was a record label thing not up to him. Dude they really killed live, I was impressed. Drummer is outrageous, murder precision.

Ha cool about Exivious I checked that album out months ago, it was cool but I ended up deleting it. Jazz instrumental metal shit or something.
I always picture bands like Dodecahedron as having no side projects/side bands don't know why.

#266977 - 06/27/12 06:42 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Lol interesting to note the effect that the shirts band members have on people watching. Crucial aspect of a metal show is the t shirt not to be overlooked or underestimated.

Listening to Written in waters, the raspy black metal vocals under the other ones sound creepy.

Heard that new Testament track today once I read it was produced by Andy Sneap. Sound's really good, Chuck Billy's voice is good, not a big testament fan but i'm anticipating their new album now.

#266978 - 06/27/12 06:48 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

Originally Posted By: LucifrinImperium

Heres what I think I know, I overheard him talking while waiting in line I think he was saying it has a more progressive vibe and its 8 songs or something. I'm assuming they where talking about it, don't like repeating questions. But I did talk to Paul Ryan when they came to stockton he said he heard the whole thing and it was a cross between Obscura and Wisdom to Hate. I think it's done.
I asked Luc if they where going to reissue Obscura on cd dude said it was a record label thing not up to him. Dude they really killed live, I was impressed. Drummer is outrageous, murder precision.

Ha cool about Exivious I checked that album out months ago, it was cool but I ended up deleting it. Jazz instrumental metal shit or something.
I always picture bands like Dodecahedron as having no side projects/side bands don't know why.

yeah I read in a review awhile back that its going to be more progressive then any of the other albums with long tracks, the album is supposed to be like over an hour in length with 8 tracks + Luc Lemay solo composition for the closer. it probably won't sound too much like Obscura or From Wisdom to Hate aside from the dissonant riffing

give Exivious's 2001 demo a listen if you can get ahold of it, its got vocals and sounds like something Cynic would've released after Focus had they never split up

Deathspell Omega is the band thats more mysterious, they never perform live, they have only given a few interviews over the years. very little is known about the band members aside from their vocalist who's from Finland who has been involved in other bands.

#266979 - 06/27/12 06:51 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

I listened to that new Testament track today as well, I didn't recognize Chuck Billy at first he sounds different on it. it still sounded good, i'll check it out when its released, the artwork looks sick

#266980 - 06/27/12 06:52 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I read that Deathspell Omega interview online the written one from a while back, the whole time I was just thinking wtf is going on. Interview ruled. This one.
http://ezxhaton.kccricket.net/interview.html

I was a little dissapointed when I realized the singer had other bands. Wasn't kvlt enough for me. Even tho black metals musicians seem to like their side projects.

Btw artwork for Dark Roots of Rick Rubin's Beard is sick. Crazy how they got him to model for them like that.

#266984 - 06/27/12 08:32 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: ]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

do yourself a favor and listen to this if you haven't already...

Page 43 of 158 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 157 158 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist