Page 38 of 158 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 157 158 >
Topic Options
#265065 - 06/18/12 11:05 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: ]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

i've never heard Forgotten Silence, i'll download that album they might interest me

thats good that you're re-listening to Deathspell Omega their music requires repeat listens to fully appreciate, that new EP Drought should be leaking any day now...

#265066 - 06/18/12 11:21 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
Listening to Forgotten Silence right now not that album tho just downloaded this shit Senyaan took a while. It seems to be better rated. It's a double disc concept album with elements of prog, death etc. Has a bitch on vocals and a dude doing Growly scary vocals. Originally released in 1998.

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|300p6|74607577|Forgotten_Silence_1998_Senyaan_CD1_-__metalarea.org__by_MSL.rar|89797|0|0
https://rapidshare.com/#!download|682p3|74837646|Forgotten_Silence_1998_Senyaan_CD2_-__metalarea.org__by_MSL.rar|97304|0|0

Only link I could find.

#265125 - 06/19/12 08:51 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: ]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

new Nile just leaked

#265177 - 06/19/12 09:30 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

That album cover is phenomenal. Seth killed it.

Was listening to Kro Ni Ka, I like this shit might buy it. Kind of Prog rock at times, or most the time. You listen to King Crimson? I really like In the court of the crimson king, and Red.

Sidenote: You going to DTA?

#265193 - 06/20/12 01:12 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

I don't have any King Crimson stuff, where should I start? I still haven't downloaded any Forgotten Silence albums, so many new albums have leaked in the last few days. new Gojira, Ihsahn, Nile, Dying Fetus and now the new Deathspell Omega EP just leaked but i'll get around to checking them out soon enough

unfortunately I will not be able to attend any of the DTA shows, I just found out the Dallas and Atlanta shows have been postponed instead of being cancelled so they will likely add more new shows in the near future. you're still going, right? let me know how it goes...

#265194 - 06/20/12 01:32 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

I just finished listening to Drought for the first time, this might be their best material yet. it blows away Kenrose, thats for sure

#265199 - 06/20/12 02:30 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: ]
esevato Offline
Tyrant - part of the circle

toxic halocaust ,Evile, obscura,suicidal angels check em

#265233 - 06/20/12 07:21 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Streak
I don't have any King Crimson stuff, where should I start? I still haven't downloaded any Forgotten Silence albums, so many new albums have leaked in the last few days. new Gojira, Ihsahn, Nile, Dying Fetus and now the new Deathspell Omega EP just leaked but i'll get around to checking them out soon enough

unfortunately I will not be able to attend any of the DTA shows, I just found out the Dallas and Atlanta shows have been postponed instead of being cancelled so they will likely add more new shows in the near future. you're still going, right? let me know how it goes...

Rank the deathspell albums in your opinion, I want to know I'm listening to the highest ranked ones.
King Crimson is dope, their best albums are basically In the Court of the crimson King(1969) and Red(1974)
Not metal at all, progressive rock, could be considered a strong precursor to metal. In the court of the crimson king is their most popular work, sure you have seen the album cover before.

Yea still going to DTA. Will dl drought second I catch up with listening. Might dl the new Ishahn, saw the album cover i'm interested by it. Concept revolving around Nietzche's life or something?

#265395 - 06/21/12 03:14 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

yeah that first King Crimson album cover you posted is iconic, i'll probably start with that one. I was wondering about that new Ihsahn cover as well, not really sure if there's a concept behind it I would have to read more of the lyrics

as far as Deathspell Omega goes here is how I would probably rank their albums

full lengths:
Paracletus
Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum
Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice

I never really got into their first 2 albums

EPs:
Drought (still early to truly rank it though)
Chaining the Katechon
Kenrose
Mass Grave Aesthetics
Diabolus Absconditus

its tough for me to really say which LP I prefer though between Paracletus and Fas, it depends on what mood i'm in. seems like Paracletus gets the most recognition probably because its easier to get into. Si Monumentum is great as well its just not nearly as complex as the stuff they released afterwards, its more of a fancy sounding traditional black metal album with crisp production. check out all their EP's if you haven't already heard them...

#265488 - 06/21/12 10:49 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Awesome thanks for the ranking. Going to download paracletus.
Listened to flourishing a fuckload. That album is dope, considering weather to buy it or not i'm on the fence, really like the melodic outros. Don't know if it's the riffs or guitar tone or both, but it sounds so immensely heavy its beautiful. Some of the heaviest guitars I have ever heard. Hope they stick around I want to hear what their future works will sound like.

Page 38 of 158 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 157 158 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist