Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#265483 - 06/21/12 09:37 AM Anybody Juice?
KabawL Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: HD of CA
Not roids. I talking about fruit and vegetables. I purchased a Breville Fountain Plus and it's fresh to def. I got it for $159.99 on Amazon.

I was stoked and bought all kinds of fruit and veggies...

Out the box, she's a beauty...

Got everything washed and ready...

2 oranges, handful of cherries, 3 strawberries, 2 granny smith apples (I ended up adding 1 additional one), 2 kiwis, 3 carrots, 3 leaves of kale, and a handful of spinach.

Done.

Before I stirred it up...

Amazing stuff right here...

#265499 - 06/21/12 02:33 PM Re: Anybody Juice? [Re: KabawL]
J0shuaKane Offline
Depraved Rabbi

when fruit and vegetables are cut and the insides are exposed to oxygen, everything starts to die immediately, and as juice your body does not work as hard to digest it. that may sound good but it is not, your body needs to work to digest these things or it gets lazy.

dont juice, just eat them, its WAAAAAYYYYY fucking better for you.

#265500 - 06/21/12 03:09 PM Re: Anybody Juice? [Re: J0shuaKane]
Your Old Droog Offline

Loc: Tennessee
can't you just buy that v8 fusion stuff.

#265501 - 06/21/12 03:44 PM Re: Anybody Juice? [Re: J0shuaKane]
KabawL Offline

Originally Posted By: J0shuaKane
when fruit and vegetables are cut and the insides are exposed to oxygen, everything starts to die immediately, and as juice your body does not work as hard to digest it. that may sound good but it is not, your body needs to work to digest these things or it gets lazy.

dont juice, just eat them, its WAAAAAYYYYY fucking better for you.

How many people do you know, including yourself, that eat the specified amount of fruit and vegetable servings per day? Not many. I'm not going to strictly juice, I understand I need fiber. The raw juice is susceptible to parasites the longer it sits. But 5 vegetables and 3 fruits is a lot of food to put down a day. You're right, it does start losing nutrients as soon as it hits the centrifugal. It's why you drink it right away. All in all, I believe the pros outweigh the cons.

#265502 - 06/21/12 04:41 PM Re: Anybody Juice? [Re: Your Old Droog]
PLR420 Offline
a bag of shit

Loc: Toronto
Originally Posted By: deeekin
can't you just buy that v8 fusion stuff.

V8 fusion is my shit

#265509 - 06/21/12 06:31 PM Re: Anybody Juice? [Re: ]
JohnDoe Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

Originally Posted By: Mothman
Driving tough V8's is my shit.

I love that shit!

#265512 - 06/21/12 06:37 PM Re: Anybody Juice? [Re: KabawL]
J0shuaKane Offline
Depraved Rabbi

Originally Posted By: KabawL

How many people do you know, including yourself, that eat the specified amount of fruit and vegetable servings per day? Not many. I'm not going to strictly juice, I understand I need fiber. The raw juice is susceptible to parasites the longer it sits. But 5 vegetables and 3 fruits is a lot of food to put down a day. You're right, it does start losing nutrients as soon as it hits the centrifugal. It's why you drink it right away. All in all, I believe the pros outweigh the cons.

i weight 170lbs but eat like a 500lb football player. i only eat meats, fruits, and veggies.

from what i see most people cram their diet with lots of crap your body gets nothing from, like grains. and that is why they don't eat right. not because its alot or they cant, they are either ignorant or don't care.

and if you don't think grains are bad for you, why would the government tell you to eat those the most when your body treats wheat the same way as granulated sugar? it is why diabetes is at an all time high, especially among children.

#265517 - 06/21/12 07:06 PM Re: Anybody Juice? [Re: ]
J0shuaKane Offline
Depraved Rabbi

i dont watch organized sports, it was an example. perhaps i should have said 300...

#265518 - 06/21/12 07:18 PM Re: Anybody Juice? [Re: J0shuaKane]
KabawL Offline

Originally Posted By: J0shuaKane
Originally Posted By: KabawL

i weight 170lbs but eat like a 500lb football player. i only eat meats, fruits, and veggies.

from what i see most people cram their diet with lots of crap your body gets nothing from, like grains. and that is why they don't eat right. not because its alot or they cant, they are either ignorant or don't care.

and if you don't think grains are bad for you, why would the government tell you to eat those the most when your body treats wheat the same way as granulated sugar? it is why diabetes is at an all time high, especially among children.

You're insinuating juicing is bad for you, far from the truth. The thing is, too much of anything is bad for you. Water for an example. There's even people that say juicing is a waste because the fiber is thrown away. No, it makes great compost. Truth is, majority of Americans don't consume their recommended fruits and vegetables. I never been one of them and have always had a consistent presence of fruit and vegetables in my diet. I'm not looking to lose weight by juicing, I eat a variety of foods across the board. The food thread might suggest I'm some fat fuck, I'm not, I'm around 170lbs. Anyways, sometimes I skip breakfast and this would be a great jumpstart for my day to add some calories I'd otherwise miss out on. Right now, I'm playing around mixing different concoctions. Obviously, too much fruit is too much sugar (carbs). Eventually, I'd like a ratio of 70% veggies 30% fruit.

Here are some of the benefits...

*Very fast delivery of nutrients to the blood stream.
*Only a small amount of digestion is required Gives the digestive system a break. Primarily the stomach, pancreas and colon.
*Because of the lack of fiber, a lot of plant juice can be consumed. You can effectively drink more consuming more nutrients.
*Helpful for people sensitive to fiber since there is no insoluble fiber content. Juice does have some soluble fiber but it a small amount.
*Provide 80% to 90% of the nutritional value of the food being juiced.

#265522 - 06/21/12 07:40 PM Re: Anybody Juice? [Re: KabawL]
Dest Offline
a bag of shit

Loc: Denmark
i saw the movie "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" yesterday, and now i found this thread here, random.

anyway i recommend that movie if you havent seen it (just pm if you want me to hook you up with a dl link) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1227378/

anyway, KEEP THE JUICING UP ITS GOOD FOR YOU SON.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist