Page 45 of 149 < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 148 149 >
Topic Options
#267366 - 06/29/12 01:37 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
Na not your bad. I did like certain parts and probably a couple tracks. This new track i'm just not feeling it.

Hopefully the new Deathcult goes over the top bombastic with the orchestration. I like that shit, I fucks with symphonics in my metals. I be abouts that shit. Project Hate seems to be pretty well regarded from their reviews.

#267395 - 06/29/12 03:26 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Online   content
Asshole - Official Rank

Quote:

Six Feet Under frontman Chris Barnes has apparently taken issue with Dethklok and the recent “Death To All Tour“. A newly-made tweet from Barnes reads:

“Is this what the scene has become? Going to see cartoon bands and tribute bullshit? ?#fuckoff?”

He later went on to retweet a Twitter user who posted that Dethklok “cheapens the metal scene.”

what a douchebag this guy is, I much rather go to a show and see a Death tribute band with mostly great musicians and people who were actually in Death at some point then all the deathcore/metalcore garbage the US is constantly plagued with. if you're lucky you'll get to see one good band touring with a bunch of lame scene bands over here, I really wish I lived in Europe sometimes, most of this scene garbage is frowned upon over there

#267396 - 06/29/12 03:31 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
Mean Streak Online   content
Asshole - Official Rank

its funny how a cartoon band makes better music than shitty Six Feet Under, they are the epitome of generic, bland death metal

#267399 - 06/29/12 04:00 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Yea I know what you mean about living in Europe. Not only is bullshit frowned upon there, but it seems quality artists are treated with much more respect. USA is twilight zone about a lot of things. The purpose of life is to work over here until you die.

Chris Barnes can go fucking kill himself, no one will give a shit.
I can't believe a old school death metal musician would have the nerve to say that shit about death to all. Borderline disrespect to Chuck.

If anything Dethklok enriches the metal scene. Chris Barnes should shut his mouth, the audience is a fickles mistress.

#267400 - 06/29/12 04:04 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Another thing wtf is the scene anyways. If this guy was concerned about a scene he woudn't be talking shit on other well respected musicians. This kind of shit creates discord instead of unity.

#267402 - 06/29/12 04:11 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Devilonenzyte Offline
a fucking nobody!!!!!!!!!!

Chris barnes is an ass. Chucks music helps people, dethklok is a great gateway band. Six feet under is very sad shit.

#267457 - 06/29/12 09:22 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
bkdethrap Offline
a bowl of chili looking feces

Dethklok is either really catchy, really good, or that visual aid of the cartoon which sucks you in,
it's one of the only death metal bands I actually like the sound of, so I can vouche for Dethklok being a gateway to Death Metal but with kind of a twist,
because Dethklok has a good sound and makes you think, if I can find more death metal like this maybe I can listen to this stuff,
the problem is you can't find anything like it,
but who knows it may not be their sound, but with that visual of cartoon brutality, maybe it just relates better,
it has the humor that some people think of when death metal comes to mind but also has the brutality assosciated with the music. I'm comparing it to the totally serious look of vivid gore in death metal videos.

I think it's as if Brendon Small went into the world of death metal with an idea of what he saw death metal as,
it happened to fit in with what other peoples visual idea of death metal was, totally over the top but probably to be taken in a humorous way with a grain of salt.

anway's that's my theory, but that guy is pissed over them being a cartoon or whatever, If Dethklok was just a band without the TV show and would just release singles with cartoon animated videos, he would probably praise them, propably not, seems like a jealous fuck

Song from the first episode I ever saw

The official video is the shit, but here Brendon doing work

Best thing is Skwissgar gives a better guitar lesson than some real people who I've watched videos from.

This the guy?, barring whatever he's done in the metal world, which I wouldnt even know, and I cant say think I care at this point but he looks like a douchebag, dreads and guaged ears

Edited by bkdethrap (06/29/12 09:31 AM)

Your Rockin Faggot Ice
Your A Maggot Commercial Pretty Boy
Bitch Ass Nukka I'll BodyBag Ya Slice

#267557 - 06/29/12 11:02 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: bkdethrap]
Devilonenzyte Offline
a fucking nobody!!!!!!!!!!

His dreads look fucked. He's an ass as stated to ignore stuff like the new dying fetus, nile, kreator, gorguts. Any new sfu is passable.

#267615 - 06/30/12 04:30 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Devilonenzyte]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Listening to the X Factor... Maiden's most underrated album.

#267793 - 06/30/12 06:53 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
bkdethrap Offline
a bowl of chili looking feces

X Factor is the first metal album I heard,
my friend gave me a cassette of it like 9 years ago and it got me started.
Little did I know that I would go back to find the Paul Dianno and Bruce Dickinson albums,
he also gave me all of Metallica's shit (up to reload I think) on a data disc, from then on when I came back home i've been looking at Metal from the early days on,
probably why my ears have not grown towards death metal.
For those last 9-10 years i've been tracing the history of metal and not listening to new shit,
like lamb of god was gaining popularity a couple of years after I started listening to metal but I wasn't interested in the new without knowing the old
so I didn't pay them or any new shit mind, just kept digging up the history of metal.
I feel like a fan who gets put on to metal, without the history, skipping over Maiden, Priest, Sabbath etc.....should be ashamed to say they listen to metal, they just like extreme music or the band their listening to.

Your Rockin Faggot Ice
Your A Maggot Commercial Pretty Boy
Bitch Ass Nukka I'll BodyBag Ya Slice

Page 45 of 149 < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 148 149 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist