Page 2 of 156 < 1 2 3 4 ... 155 156 >
Topic Options
#251511 - 04/06/12 09:46 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
Downloading all these albums you mentioned yesterday. This is absurd I have like 10 albums here.

The Scream That Tore The Sky
Purgatory Afterglow (Heard it years ago)
Seepia
Barriers and Passages
Negativa EP
Behind The Shadows Lie Madness (Might of heard it not sure)( I really like Dan Seagrave's artwork.)
From This Day Foward

#251516 - 04/06/12 10:21 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

A lot of music to listen to at once, not even to mention I was still listening to Koloss. Elvenefris is coming in the mail in a week, and I had Behemoth's Demigod and Jeff Loomis's Plains of Oblivion downloaded.

Thanks for all the recommendations, MeanStreak. Greatly appreciated.

#251517 - 04/06/12 10:24 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Online   content
Asshole - Official Rank

Originally Posted By: LucifrinImperium
You ever see the guests they have on that show? They have some pretty big names from the metal community on there.
Don't ruin lykathea for me, I was watching that gorguts interview earlier on today, they said steve "ey" cloutier was like skiwsgard.

Great interview too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGrwNM5ROBc

yeah its cool that they have these cameos from real metal musicians on the show, I wonder if they'll have any new ones on the upcoming season? I also love how they have all these band name references like "Necrophagist Hospital" for example. I think i've seen that Gorguts interview awwhile back but I forgot most of it. I had the impression that interview was done around a decade ago before Metaloocalypse even existed yet. i'll have to listen to it again later.

Originally Posted By: Mothman
How do you rate Cannibal Corpse?

I like a few tracks here and there, but they could never hold my attention ever for an entire album. like already mentioned Alex Webster is a great bassist and has good taste in metal in general. I like his other instrumental band he has with Ron Jarzombek called Blotted Science alot more. the weakest part of Cannibal Corpse is the drummer, I rate them overall as "meh"

Yes, I want dethalbum 3 as well. 2 was a great album maybe better than the first. Really solid.

I recently saw a episode of that metal show on blabbermouth. I think that show blows dicks. They listed Pantera on a second big 4 list. I don't give a fuck about Pantera, I never have and I never will. I have no idea how anyone who is a honest metal head can like them. That shit reminds me of deathcore/metalcore the way I see people who listen to pantera, but don't listen to much other metal.

I kinda liked Pantera way back when I first got into metal, not a fan of them at all anymore, they're extremely over rated. I can see why you would hate them, atleast they're not making music anymore, right? lol

What are the names of these metalcore/deathcore bands that suck?

there are so many of them and just about all of them sound the same for the most part, a few of the more well known ones are Emmure, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, As I Lay Dying, Oceano. bunch of garbage don't even bother checking them out

Yeah but I don't know any so drop names.

I don't listen to heaps of metal but the groups I like are:

Cannibal Corpse
Necrophagist
Deicide
Suffocation
MayheM
Morbid Angel
Death
Gorelord

Also I like Pantera :p

Necrophagist is really dope, I love the frontman's neoclassical approach to death metal. the wait for the next album is getting ridiculous though, if you like them you should check out Spawn of Possession. they're similar, the new album is dope. Deicide has a few decent albums and a bunch of mediocre ones. Death is one of the greatest death metal bands ever, don't even really need to say much more else on that one. the earlier Suffocation albums are good especially "Pierced from Within" I didn't care much for the last couple of albums though. I liked everything Morbid Angel did excluding the new album, have you heard it yet? its so fucking terrible I can't believe we waited 8 years for that steaming turd. never heard of Gorlord

Have you heard Carcariass's Killing Process and Sceptic's Pathetic Being. Both of those are pretty good. The solo of ancestor of all powers is magnificent.

yes I got Carcariass's discography, that album and the most recent one are my favorite by them. I also got Sceptic's discography as well, I wonder whats going on with them? they haven't released anything new in ages

The symphonics on this Scrambled Defuncts album are too loud for me. Maybe it's just me but it sounds as if it was mixed by a handicapped person. It sounds out of place for me.

I actually much prefer their older material that doesn't have any symphonic elements, I just thought you should just give it a listen. its a strange album, you might want to check out their previous album "Hackled in Gore" thats my favorite by them

Downloading all these albums you mentioned yesterday. This is absurd I have like 10 albums here.

The Scream That Tore The Sky
Purgatory Afterglow (Heard it years ago)
Seepia
Barriers and Passages
Negativa EP
Behind The Shadows Lie Madness (Might of heard it not sure)( I really like Dan Seagrave's artwork.)
From This Day Foward

good shit man i'm glad you're checking all these albums out. let me know when you have listened to all these enough and want to check out more bands

#251518 - 04/06/12 10:37 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Eating listening to this dysrhythmia album enjoying it.
At a glance Mithras album sounds special. Excited to hear it later on. I like lovecraftian themed things.
Hey did you ever hear that first Animals as Leaders album, I enjoy that one.

Knew you would mention blotted science, Ron Jarzombek's music is fucking weird.

They came out with a clip of a song for Phantom Antichrist today (Absurd I know) I am hyped as fuck to hear that record. Enemy of God is one of my favorite albums of all time.

#251519 - 04/06/12 10:44 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Btw I don't like Morbid Angel (Blasphemy?) but I heard the new album, all the videos on youtube, the reception etc has me laughing.
Did you see on the Remix, Igor Cavalera's techno gizmo shit is remixing a song from it or some shit.

Oh and the album cover for it is incredible.

#251520 - 04/07/12 12:44 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Asshole - Official Rank

yeah Animals As Leaders is pretty dope, which album do you got the first one or second one? I figured you proably wouldn't atleast like the first few Morbid Angel albums because they're old school sounding, my favorite album from them is probably "Formulas Fatal to the Flesh" I like the psychedelic vibe some parts on that album give off, its almost like Mithras took that sound and just went alot further with it. I saw a preview trailer for that embarrassing Morbid Angel remix album. I never bothered checking it out though no point really since I hate Illud

#251521 - 04/07/12 12:48 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
Asshole - Official Rank

I know you didn't care much for Ulcerate but did you atleast think the drummer was insane sounding? best part of the band, I brought them up with Gorguts because of how dissonant sounding their music is, you can tell they are influenced by them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuk1v2m8BrI

#251522 - 04/07/12 12:50 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I've heard the a,b,c and g. Don't remember if I dld F. I fucking love that album title, 666.

I own the first one, second one had some dope tracks, but first is just a better album all the way around. Wasn't feeling the second enough to buy it.(animals as leaders)

You know i'm pretty picky with a lot of things, maybe cause I grew up on a lot of melodic shit like maiden and priest. I try to like a lot of albums and it just doesn't click with me. Every now and then I go back and dl albums to see if they have grown on me. They typically don't, but I would say my ear has developed a lot since 2 years ago.

#251523 - 04/07/12 12:54 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Yes I really like atmospheric music, the drummer is insane no diggidy. I have a friend that's a drummer and extreme metal drummers frequently come up, mentioned that guy.

I plan on dling ulcerate again. There are certain things about bands they keep me checking for em. Album covers, lyrics, production, uniqueness.

I wish Steve Flynn from Atheist drummed on more projects.

#251524 - 04/07/12 01:00 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Asshole - Official Rank

my favorite Ulcerate album is "Everything Is Fire" so download that one first then. their first album "Of Fracture and Failure" has a different vocalist and it doesn't have nearly the same amount of atmospheric parts the last 2 albums have, they kinda are like a death metal version of the band Neurosis if you're familiar with them?

what did you think of the Atheist reunion album Jupiter? I didn't like it nearly as much as the first 3 albums

Page 2 of 156 < 1 2 3 4 ... 155 156 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist