Page 61 of 155 < 1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 154 155 >
Topic Options
#273966 - 08/05/12 07:51 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
Saw the show, it was great. Really high production values, multiple Eddies going on, different backdrop for almost every song, pyrotechnics, good light show.

I think afraid to shoot strangers was the highlight, that song sounded fucking dope live, maybe a close second was phantom of the opera.

Also was clowning on some old ass slut with a friend, weird bitch comes up and hands us tickets for seats for free. Then I obviously got better seats cause you can just take them shits. So I got upgraded to a pretty decent view for free, that ruled.

#273969 - 08/05/12 08:29 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Talking about stage set ups you catch the crazy over the top shit Metallica had in Mexico. Dude that got lit on fire etc.
That Ride the Lightning chair is pretty cool.

#274226 - 08/06/12 08:27 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Listened to Spiritech and that Leviathen Hex record. Wasn't a fan, both sounded very much alike.

Did you ever get around to listening to Nevermore's This Godless Endeavor, listening to it right now. This album is fucking rules, killer riffs.

Check out the sweepy w/e the fuck godless solo on that track. I really wish they would get back together, I didn't like the last Jeff Loomis solo record.

I'm sure you know but I think Chuck initially wanted Warrel Dane for his Control Denied project, but instead settled with Tim Aymar. Don't really remember the details.

#274403 - 08/07/12 05:11 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

Jeff Loomis is a good guitar player, I just can't really get into Nevermore from what i've all heard. just not my thing I guess, I never knew he was going to be the vocalist for Control Denied though thats interesting, speaking of Control Denied I wonder if they're ever going to release that second album I haven't heard anything about that in awhile

#274408 - 08/07/12 06:37 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I guess for ten million bands I don't like, its only fair there is one you don't. Been binging on Nevermore, I completely understand how someone wouldn't dig the vocals. Don't think I liked em at first either.

Don't know what happened to When Man and Machine Collide. Last I heard they where working on it, and it was going to happen. I was never a really big fan of the Fragile art of existence, but I still would love to hear the follow up. I think it will happen, considering all the re-issues and the touring etc. I wonder if any of the parts have already been layed down. I hope Richard Christy delivers to the same capacity he used to.

I'm sure you've seen this, not sure if I posted it before.

#274555 - 08/09/12 09:04 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Did you like Warrell Dane's vocals on this?

Been listening to Nevermore's Dreaming Neon Black a lot. It's a concept album about his ex girlfriend that supposedly joined a cult and disappeared, dude started having dreams about or her drowning.. Anyways so in the album he spirals into insanity and eventually kills himself.

Anyways dope album, if you are into embracing depression and that sort of thug shit.

I typed anyways twice.

Oh and another thing ever hear of this band called Nevermore?

#274571 - 08/09/12 10:44 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

never knew the Nevermore singer was the one that did guest vocals on that track, they suit the song well, interesting story about the concept for that album. I wonder if they ever found her if its true? maybe i'll give that album a listen later on tonight, I also haven't listened to any Behemoth in awhile I probably should get around to doing that

I also never seen that Control Denied music video, thanks for posting that. I never was a big fan either but Chuck's riffs are always godly, I hope the follow-up gets released eventually since its the last thing we would ever hear from him...

#274572 - 08/09/12 10:50 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

I don't know if this is really true or not but did you also know that "The Sound of Perseverance" was supposedly going to be the first Control Denied album but at the time he still had a contract obligation with Nuclear Blast to release a Death album so he just recorded the vocals himself and released it as a Death album?

#274576 - 08/09/12 11:10 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I think that's partially true I read something like that a long time ago, supposedly some of the parts written for control denied might have been changed up for death songs. Probably just riffs or something. I don't know anything about a contractual obligation tho.

Lol glad you are going to listen to Nevermore again. Their best regarded albums are Dead Heart in a Dead World and This Godless Endeavor, I personally think This Godless Endeavor stands above everything else. Dreaming Neon Black is dope though, I just got into that this week. If music can make you depressed it's a very good thing.

#274599 - 08/10/12 07:53 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

ok i'll give one of those albums a listen after i'm done listening to the new Faceless album, you might wanna check it out has some good riffs so far

Page 61 of 155 < 1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 154 155 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist