Page 62 of 156 < 1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 155 156 >
Topic Options
#274603 - 08/10/12 08:43 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline
General of Gore 2nd command - peesh infantry

Loc: Nowhere indefinitely
Never was into the faceless, I know the drummer is really good, at first didn't even give a fuck about them because of possible deathcore influence. I gave a couple listens to some of the tracks off of planetary duality since it had good reception.

One of the ways you can usually tell deathcore off the bat is the enormous fucking band logo that occupies like 50 percent of the album cover, which totally annoys me. I think I said this before. I noticed they scaled it down on this album cover.
Ok downloaded it, will listen to it.

Well figure I'll post these albums, it's only fair.
Dreaming Neon Black 1999

http://www.mediafire.com/?zgzxn4do9nz

Dead Heart In A Dead World 2000

http://www.mediafire.com/?szx7lsdxe2u

Listening to this metal radio station as always, they are doing a black metal history evolution timeline type thing.

#274635 - 08/10/12 07:31 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

The Faceless first album "Akeldama" has some breakdowns but aside from that their sound has nothing in common with deathcore. they got a new vocalist for this album and introduced some clean vocal parts, I have to give it a few more listens to really say what I think of it. I ended up passing out kinda early last night so I didn't get the chance to listen to those Nevermore albums, i'll do that today though thanks for the links it makes it easier for me

#274636 - 08/10/12 08:48 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

Listening to this new faceless album, sounds very different. Lots of cleans. Possibly more melodic at times? Not sure since I never gave Duality a proper listen.

I posted it before but fuck it. If you haven't given this one a listen, i'd start with it, before the others.

http://www.mediafire.com/?po3gpaxd7pq55iz

*Yo did you notice they added west coast dates to the SepticFlesh tour? Really hyped for that, hopefully I can make it.

#274638 - 08/10/12 09:07 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
LucifrinImperium Offline

#274766 - 08/12/12 06:57 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

the link to "This Godless Endeavor" that you posted is password protected so i'm just listening to it on youtube right now instead. that Septicfelsh tour is coming to Portland so i'll likely go to that, its one of the very few metal tours that I would be willing to sit around and see every band performing on that bill, no deathcore BS, all legit metal

i've been listening to Arcturus alot lately, thanks for getting me into them. "The Sham Mirrors" is probably my favorite but i've enjoyed all their albums so far with "Sideshow Symphonies" being my least favorite

#274768 - 08/12/12 07:50 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

http://www.mediafire.com/?uml1lcwngtx

^Probably not password protected. Try that one, if you are interested.

Was listening to Monolith Of Inhumanity today. Pretty cool album, good misanthropic lyrics. Drums are so fucking extreme, matter of fact all the instrumentation is.

Yea I hope everything lines up so I can go to that Septicflesh show. I will go totally out of my way to catch that tour.

Glad you dig Arcturus. Feels good to recommend music to people, it's like my life almost has value. Even though it doesn't.

#274797 - 08/13/12 08:26 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: LucifrinImperium]
Devilonenzyte Offline
a fucking nobody!!!!!!!!!!

Nevermore is amazing.

I recently got to see iron maiden (finally) that shit ruled!

I have a pension for "slam" death metal, drives me nuts

The faceless is entertaining, but a lot of their songs on their first album sounds like necrophagist cast-offs.

I am really digging abominable putriditys new release, but I'm on a goreguts/maiden trip at the moment.

#274909 - 08/14/12 10:33 PM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Devilonenzyte]
SkateWitch Offline
Goon

Loc: Pennsylvania
who wants to go with me to the marilin mason and rob zombie show in youngstown...just to observe incognito maybe do a little black magick...oct 15...

http://www.necroproduct.com/mmkk/

#274927 - 08/15/12 04:42 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: SkateWitch]
Mean Streak Offline
Asshole - Official Rank

Neurosis officially revealed the name of their new album released for October titled "Honour Found In Decay", i'm looking forward to this. can't believe its already been 5 years since their last album. are you into them at all Lucifrin?

#274933 - 08/15/12 07:14 AM Re: The Metal Thread [Re: Mean Streak]
LucifrinImperium Offline

I gave Through Silver and Blood a listen more than a year ago, wasn't particularly enthralled about it, I'll dl it again. You think I should scope any of their other works out?

I listened to Sham Mirrors yesterday, might listen to it right now. How awesome of a track is kinetic.

Page 62 of 156 < 1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 155 156 >

Moderator:  Analizer, The Sexorcist